- 4th April 2022
- Posted by: Admin Kfinance
|Job Title:||LEGAL OFFICER||Job Grade:||PROFESSIONAL ENTRY|
Administrative and Finance Manager
|The job purpose of this role is to improve the company operations in relation to ensuring perfection in credit granting, proper documentation and all business transaction in compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|· To undertake and provide support on all required legal matters on behalf of the company in all Non- contentious matters to ensure company employees and clients are always in compliance with all legal requirements and International practices.
· Monitor compliance with regulatory and legislative governance requirements
· To represent the company in all contentious matter anywhere within the country for which the advocate may be called upon to prosecute or defend on behalf of the Company
· To keep all legal matters files, records and documents on behalf of the Company
· Provide legal opinion and advice to Management on cases and on various legal issues that may arise from time to time;
· To discharge duties relating to Board Secretariat issues, to call Board meetings, keeping of the Board calendar, recording of minutes and matter arising, preparing reports and drafting Board resolutions.
· Ensure uniformity in board agenda, reports and minutes ensuring a high standard of reporting on board activities.
· To keep the Management informed of all changes made in laws, Regulations, circulars by the Parliament or any other Authority relating to the business undertaken by the Management and on all tax matters.
· Draft, review and update contracts and agreements relating to the operations of the Institution in collaboration with relevant parties and participate in negotiations where necessary;
· Provide support in safekeeping of legal documents and maintain confidentiality
· Accountable with ensuring the company is compliant to with labor and employment law on its employment policies and practices.
· Responsible with periodical training of K-Finance staff team, particularly credit staff on the legislature that governs the Microfinance Industry so as to ensure K-Finance business operations is done in accordance with the Law and as per the regulator’s requirements
· To periodically undertake legal review of K-Finance’s operation policies and practices, particularly process of loan securitization, recovery policy and procedures, identification and prevention of fraud etc so as to minimize business risks.
· To assist and back up the Human Resource and Administration Manager on matters related to human Resource management and Administrative issues
· To assist the Finance Manager on Asset management and Procurement issues
· Perform any other duty as assigned by Supervisor
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
|1. Efficiency and effectiveness- 40%
2. Quality of work-30%
3. Quality of relationship gained or sustained-30%
1. Bachelor of laws
2. Qualified to practice as an advocate of the High Court of the United Republic of Tanzania
1. Microsoft office Applications
2. Knowledge of the Microfinance Banking and its Regulatory environment in Tanzania
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills
2. Strong organizational and Planning skills
3. Positive and ambitious attitude
4. Ability to work on own initiative
K-FINANCE reserves the right to amend or change the above responsibilities to enable business needs to be met.
I certify that I have read, understood and agree to the responsibilities assigned to the position.
send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th April, 2022 end of day